Sunday, September 20, 2009

What to do when you are too busy to decide what to do

So this is what we did all last week. Like we didn't have anything else to do! We gave our old green leather couch and chair to Calvin and his roomies and we painted the upstairs a creamy yellow. It looks like French Vanilla Ice cream. I thought I would be able to do this job by myself in one day - what was I thinking...

Tod did the hard part - the stairs- where he had two ladders and scaffolding connecting them. It was a little too high and way to shaky for me. He had a few close calls but no falls.

This is the one ladder version, for the touch ups.
It looks great and we love the color we chose. Now we have so much paint left over since we thought it would take two coats but it only needed one. I'm itching to use it somewhere else...

maybe when you all come for Christmas you'll be able to see what I did with the extra!




3 comments:

ryan and berni said...

Love the color! Dad's going to turn into Grampa Bill and tell mom to run for the camera any time a mishap happens! Make sure you post them!

Easton says he can't wait to climb mountains with papa. He's already in training for whitney I guess.

kiki comin said...

love it, love it, love it! DO THE KITCHEN!:) and don't be too afraid to get paint on you, tod,:)

Melinda said...

I love it! You two are the most active "old" people I have ever met! J/K, but I am still impressed.