I suppose every knows now that I am in the process of certifying to be a birth doula. This was my second one and the most amazing thing I've ever seen. This photo was taken only an hour after giving birth. This girl stood - leaning on the bed - you'd have to see it- gave birth standing upright. I deleted her face for privacy. It was a wonderful, natural birth - I love this doula thing.
I also volunteer twice a month at UCSD medical center as a doula. The hours aren't so great- I could be called in at anytime during a 12 hour shift but have to stay to the end of the birth - it is nearly always longer than 12 hours. But it's worth it.

1 comments:
kim this is so cool. i think i am so going this way with the next. i havent really enjoyed the whole dr thing here in phx and with going natural i think the drs think i am even crazy. how about for our next one you just come here to help, its not that far :)
Post a Comment