Sunday, July 18, 2010

How many of YOU journal?

So here's the deal. I was asked to speak in church next Sunday on the topic of "Journal Writing". Yep, you guessed it, I don't write in a journal! Just so I don't totally go to that hot place I do BLOG! Will that count in heaven - not sure. But blogging is the best I do for now. So I'll be better about it until I get the hang of journaling. I did ask for another topic by the way but he said it was the best topic for me since I didn't do it! Just curious, how many of you journal?

So I came home to this on Saturday.- (boy did he stink!) He had been working on a fence problem at a members home. I decided we needed a little fun after such a hard day so...
we've been checking out beaches for our reunion. This one was great - in Solana beach, its called Fletcher Cove. Great bathrooms, showers and picnic tables, with actual grass that you can see in the background here. Only problem - its very tiny, a very small cove. But it sure made for a fun day trip and one more pick for our pocket when the right time comes.

This is Fletcher Cove Then we came home starving so we picked up some steak (Tods) and Salmon (mine) for Tod to put on the barby. I picked some fresh squash and threw in some mushrooms and broccoli with a sprinkle of Feta and voila! The best dinner you've ever tasted.
This is what I did Monday, July 12. For 17 hours I helped a lady through a difficult labor but look what she got out of it! The precious baby girl was worth the wait. They all are!

3 comments:

ryan and berni said...

Yes, I journal. I love it too. I only end up doing it about twice a month but it's so great to go back and read later! Plus I want my kids to know what things were like when they were kids, maybe they'll be a little easier on me.

What a fancy dinner you guys had. I saw the fancy glasses. I bet it's wonderful to be able to do things like that now huh? I hope our invasion won't mess too much of that up!

THE LEWIS' said...

so i use to be so good at journaling. i started when i was about 12 and wrote every night... that is until i got married and had kids. I dont know how i got out of the habit, but i dont write in my journal as much any more. however i do blog and yes i think that is just as good. the past four years i would say that my journal has been my blog. I even just started blogs for all my kids and write the funny things they do or just how they are acting that day. i hope to one day print them off and give it to them. good luck with your talk.

Melinda said...

I do family journals. I just talk about the boys and what they are doing, which is much better than writing about myself! I am huge on making keepsake books. I have my belly book for the pregnancy, birthday books for each of the boys where I put things throughout the year, and a school book that is devoted to what they did each year in school. I have about ten journals from high school that are absolutely embarrassing! Which is why I no longer keep journals about myself.