I took a quick trip over to Big Horn to visit Mom and Dad and to help with preparations for their move a week ago. We planned on working on projects outside - but my plane landed at the Sheridan airport in the snow. BRRRRRR! The temperature hovered around 20 degrees for the 5 days I was there - a bit cold for this Californian!!
This is what I saw as I looked out the back window when I got up on the second day! It really was beautiful but caused us to change our plans a bit and work in the the garage and basement instead of outside.
I snapped pictures off and on whenever I saw something worth capturing - like this buck that seemed to be trying to smell me through the sliding glass door.
It snowed some every day I was there. It would snow and accumulate an inch or two of snow on the deck and lawn and then the clouds would lift a bit and the snow would melt. We really only had blue skies for an hour or two but it was nice while it lasted.
The deer are very comfortable in the back yard and would cycle through many times throughout the day. At one time I think we counted 8 at one time. Usually it was only 2 or 3. They seemed to be as intrigued by me as I was of them.
Friday the snow really started to come down - BIG fluffy flakes. The view out the back looked almost like a Christmas card.
We worked hard and cleaned out the attic over the garage and quite a bit of things out of the store room in the basement. It wasn't all work though! We played cribbage every night until almost midnight and then finished off the day with a great rootbeer float! So much for my training for a triathlon.
I wasn't very good at taking pictures of people so we snapped this one at the airport. Mom and Dad ran me to the airport after Sacrament Meeting only to find out that the flight had been delayed. They told us first that it would be an hour late. It finally ended up leaving 3 hours late. Because I was flying on two different airlines, they told me in Sheridan that they couldn't check me in all the way through to San Diego. I wasn't too worried since I was to have a 3 hour layover. Unfortunately, when I finally arrived in Denver, they had given away my seat and the flight was full.
I probably could have pressed the first airline to give me a hotel vouched for the night but I decided that I could just wait it out and stay at the airport over night. This was at about 10 pm and my new flight was going to be the next morning at 7 am. Have you ever tried to sleep at the airport? They have plenty of long rows of seats but they purposely put arm rests between each seat so people can't lay down. I tried sitting in a seat while leaning my head against a post behind the chair - not very comfortable. You can see that I decided to hang out at Gate A37. The night was going to last forever. 11:41 pm.
12:38 am. The airport was deserted except for a huge cleaning crew!
1:31 am. Ugh! This is really starting to be painful! Finally I decided to go find a place on the floor where I could actually lay down.
4:14 am. Some guy just tried to run over me with a vacuum!! I finally decided to go back to a chair and wait for boarding.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a great few days!!!











1 comments:
uggggg...i HATE the airport when you are there longer than 2 hours..glad you could go help..that sounded like quite a job!:)
Post a Comment